School of Design and Environment

19th Management Committee Elections!

Friday, August 22, 2008


We showed you the 4 nominees.. and now another 4 amazing contestants! =)


Here're their visions for the coming term..


“The objective of DE Club is to provide us a very sweet and warm place to know each other, work and play together, just as a big family. As a lead designer of DE Club last year, I have made lots of friends here, and I feel like that DE Club is really the best place to upgrade the leadership and team-work abilities. I was really enjoyed my life in DE Club.

In my vision, Publicity Cell as a part of DE club, it should have the responsibility to let everyone in NUS know this nice society, and share the experiences and happiness with us. And every members of DE club are proud with ourselves!

In addition, for the concept of Publicity cell, the 18th committee have done a great job! But for me, I think I wouldn’t talk so much works which was same as what were done by last year. I am going to provide some new methods to upgrade level of DE club in next year.

Here I have provided one of my visions. For the Website part, I suggest to add more functions of that.
1. write up what is our club about. Let people better understand DE Club.
2. can add a discussion forum, let the juniors directly can find the seniors in here. And they can share the study experiences also.
3. we can create a space for our student to buy and sell old textbook or 2nd hand IT products. Finally, we can inform this website to all by school email like before.

I think that will be attracting more people to take care of us and join us! Thank you!



- WangLei, Janice
Running for (Vice) Publicity and Publication Director



"Being part of DE club has provided me with tremendous fun and opportunities to get involved in many activities and events. And of course, I get to know more friends as I move along. I hope that these could happen to everyone as well. Thus, my vision is to encourage active communication among the entire club members. To me, be it Publicity cell, Welfare cell, Sports cell or Biz cell that we might be in, at the end of the day, we will all be working together. Somehow someway, we will be involved in events together.

Fundamentally, I feel that it would be extremely beneficial if we can actually develop a close bond among all. This strong bond will definitely bring us into a higher level, creating a more conducive and lively environment for all SDE students! "





- Zhang Jiaquan
Running for Vice Publicity and Welfare Director




"Being in DE Club has been a big part of uni life. Through it I made many wonderful friends, learnt many valuable lessons as well as developing my leadership skills through running the freshman orientation camp as a program head as well as a dance instructor in rag. Such experiences have greatly enriched me as well as grow me. DE Club has given me a lot and its time i give back to the club. By serving as a vice president of de club I am in prime position to help bring about improvement as well as bring the club to a higher level in terms of cohesiveness and vibrancy.

DE Club has done a great job in bonding SDE together as a family. I love how I can always feel at home when I step into school and I aim to keep up this good tradition. However I want to help extending this warmth of being in SDE to the non foc members and non raggers who are often left out. I aim to achieve this through a reaching out programs where every DE Club members will be attached to a non de club members to help him/ her integrate into school and also to introduce him/her to de club and just basically help the person feel welcome. So you do not worry if you miss foc or rag, de club will still be there to receive you with open arms.

DE Club at its present is the fruit of many generations of seniors and their hard work. There are some seniors who come back to visit while some are lost. Its sad how you graduate from uni everything just ends. I do not wish for that to happen so I would like to look into starting a de club alumni channel where seniors who has left us can still be updated of the current events through e-newsletters and also be involved if they want to. In this way we not only can expand our social network, we can also tap on the alumni for resources such as helping us get funding for club events, getting to know what its like out in the working environment through them, getting them back for our annual dinner and dance and so on. Most importantly we let them know that they, their hard work and contributions, are not forgotten.

There are a lot more things that I want to do to improve de club, above mentioned are just some of the major ones that I am sharing with you all. I love de club and I believe I can make a positive impact to the club. So hope you all will lend me your support!"


-Kelly Ang Xin Yi
Running for Vice President


"DE club is “the house” which brings us, SDE students, together as “a family”. It is a place to interact, have fun and learn new skills. The past year, DE club has brought me many friends, knowledge and fond memories.


With this, I would like to share our joy and experience with our newest batch of students, and of course to include more interaction between students and professors. With a stronger bond, I believe it would create a livelier and fulfilling university life to all SDE students.
I see greater space for improvement in SDE club, and would love to be part of them. I believe I would make a difference together with the help of the other entire committee members. Therefore, please lend me your support to make the difference. "



- Sim Nicole

Running for Vice president and Honorary General Secretary



11:29 AM

> 0 comments